Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- We have a reason to live-to learn, to discover, to be free.
- It always works, when you know what you’re doing.
- If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we’re destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is there. Overcome time and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of there and Now, don’t you think that we might see each other once or twice?
- The gull sees farthest who flies highest.
- The only true law is that which leads to freedom.
- The price of being misunderstood, he thought. The call you devil or they call you god.
- I don’t understand how you manage to love a mob of birds that has just tries to kill you.
- Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.
- You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.
- Your whole body, from wingtip to wingtip, is nothing more than your thought itself, in a form you can see. Break the chains of your thought, and you break the chains of your body, too.